2005/03/01

WikiNews

WikiNews is a new news service in which anyone can be a journalist. It is run by the WikiPedia people.
Apart from this being a step forward in democratising the media, it is also an opportunity to get less known stories out there, such as the ones on this blog.
I would recommend people join up (it is free and takes about 10 seconds), and start publishing on that site. Content must be neutral, so we have to let the story tell the message. But I would strongly urge people to get involved.

4 Comments:

I'll check it out, Greg. I use WikiPedia a lot for information but have never thought about actually being a part of it. 

Posted by Dianne
3/01/2005 11:06:00 am  
Sounds like a great idea! I assume they have a group of unbiased people who approve the articles?  

Posted by Jim
3/01/2005 03:00:00 pm  
Thanks Greg, I created an account there and will explore the site some more. 

Posted by WhyNot
3/01/2005 07:09:00 pm  
Jim- the administrators do ensure that articles are kept neutral, there is a list of 'disputed' articles! 

Posted by Greg Stephens
3/01/2005 09:36:00 pm  

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home