2005/02/03

heh heh heh heh... I'm the President see? heh heh heh heh

I'm pretty sure I've listened to every State of the Union Address since I've been old enough to vote, and through the years I've been plenty aggravated many times, but I don't think I've ever heard one before that had absolutely NOTHING but bad ideas. And, in the few cases where the plans to execute those ideas were discussed, they seemed sure to make the ideas themselves even worse.

Even when Reagan spoke, a guy I had absolutely no use for, you at least knew that HE believed what he was saying. With this guy, it's gotten to the point where I don't think Bush himself even cares whether what he says comes across like the truth. I feel like his strange little chuckle has taken over his thought process and he's just laughing at us all and saying "FUCK YOU. I'LL DO WHAT I DAMN WELL PLEASE AND I DON'T GIVE A RAT'S ASS WHETHER YOU LIKE IT, BELIEVE IT, OR GIVE A SHIT ABOUT IT ONE WAY OR THE OTHER. I'M THE GUY. GOT IT?"

Maybe he needed to be spanked more as a kid. And I never spanked my kids... but this guy might have needed a good walloping when he did something wrong once in a while to remind him about consequences. I guess getting away with four separate counts of insider trading in the eighties taught him he could do anything he liked with impunity.

And so we pay for it.

8 Comments:

LOL, brilliantly described, Surrogate.

Do you think a good spanking by 140 million pissed-off Americans, plus another 6 billion non-US citizens might do the trick, or is it too late?
 

Posted by WhyNot
2/03/2005 11:43:00 pm  
Couldn't hurt. 

Posted by surrogate
2/04/2005 12:41:00 am  
Hold him down while I go get the flyswat. 

Posted by WhyNot
2/04/2005 12:51:00 am  
For George, it's good to be King, no?

Those pesky serfs can be convinced of anything... 

Posted by Buckwheat
2/04/2005 12:54:00 am  
I hear his mom was a raging bitch. 

Posted by Charone
2/04/2005 03:14:00 am  
I would be a bitch too, if I were married to GHWB. 

Posted by Sarah
2/04/2005 04:27:00 am  
I only saw a small clip on french tv...caught the hug, bluetipped fingers and crocodile tears. What a masterful piece of hypocrisy.  

Posted by Dianne
2/04/2005 09:12:00 am  
don't forget the dui, the awol, the cocaine problem....jeez how the hell did people ever fall for this guy? it's a shame will ferrell isn't on saturday night live anymore, Lord knows he's got plenty of material lol.

phillipe,
i responded to the comment left on the tag-board at my blogdrive blog. 

Posted by angiekruger
2/04/2005 02:01:00 pm  

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home